The conceptAfter you’ve played through the app a little bit, and decide to exercise something other than just your thumbs, the first step is to decide your personal goal:
- GET LEAN (become slimmer)
- GET TONED (define your muscles)
- GET STRONG (strengthen your whole body)
- GET FOCUSED (allows you to focus on a specific muscle group).
The WorkoutOnce you press the START button, your workout begins – you don’t have to worry about anything, other than the actual exercises ... so if you all you do is mess about on the app, you won’t see any results. A nice voice talks to you throughout the exercise and keeps you motivated while you sweat and tells you how long you still have to go. You can play your own playlist at the same time as working out, so you can pick the right beat to get you in the mood. [gallery type="rectangular" ids="5730,5723,5716,5709"]
Creating Training PlansAnyone who wants a “stricter” version of the pocket personal trainer can explicitly create a custom training programme. Again, you get to choose between the three objectives (GET LEAN, TONED GET and GET STRONG). It’s great that descriptions are stored for both objectives and levels, so you can make an informed decision about which one is best for you. Lastly, there is the possibility to combine your training programme with a training plan from the Nike + Running app. A very interesting point, since I am a strong advocate of versatile training so that can only be a good thing. Power and running combined in ONE training plan, immensely helps towards your goals. Once you have answered all the questions, you’ll receive your training plan that will tell you what you have to do on each day. Don’t worry about refuelling your energy, as recovery units (Yoga) and rest days are included.
Maybe you’re a pack man and train better in a group?The App also offers something else. When you create your account, you gain the ability to connect with other Nike Training Club members on social media to see how they try to motivate themselves. You can collect trophies (to show off with ;)) and you can easily see everything that you have done and how you are progressing.
Other great features that make sense
- You can download workouts individually, so you don’t waste your space unnecessarily.
- You can favourite workouts that you particularly like, so you can easily find your preferred ones again.
- The workouts are diverse and varied: from strength training to yoga, weight training to kettle bells. There really is something for everyone.
- There are regular updates and new workouts are constantly uploaded, so that it doesn’t become boring.
- You’ll find exclusive training programmes that were created and presented by famous athletes (e.g. Maria Sharapova) so that it seems like you’re getting instruction from a top personal trainer.